This is my first attempt cooking Sambal using a pressure cooker after reading it on a social media group. I am so delighted that it turns out pretty good as this cooking method saved you time and from having a messy kitchen.
Basic Sambal Paste
- 500 gm Chili paste
- 250 gm Onion paste
- 250 `gm Cooking Oil
- Pour oil into the inner pot. Press BAKE mode and START, Once oil is sufficiently hot add in the onion. Saute for 5 minutes.
- Add in the Chili paste and mix well. Once mixture starts to bubble. Press STOP.
- Closed the lid, set the VENT to SEAL. Set MODE to STEAM for 5 Mins (KPT5), then press START.
- Once the 5 Minutes is up, leave the PPC to WARM for about 5 minutes or until the pressure/steam released naturally.
- Put the lid back on without locking it. Press BAKE mode and let it to cook for 5 minutes.
- Once 5 minutes is up, press STOP and witch off the PPC.
- Slowly open the lid, give it a little stir. Your Basic Sambal Paste is ready. Once cooled you can portion them and keep in the fridge for 1 week or the freezer for months.