Ayam Masak Merah
Another festive dish, like Samabal Goreng Pengantin, Ayam Masak Merah is also commonly served at Malay wedding reception and during the festive Hari Raya.
- 1 whole Chicken cut into 10 pieces. Rub with Salt and turmeric. Deep fry till 1/2 done
- 75 gm #IbuSegalaRempah
- 2 large Red Onion chopped, coarsely
- 5 Ripe Tomatoes chopped, coarsely
- 2 tbs Tomato pste/puree
- 1 pc Chicken Stock cube
- 1 bunch Coriander/Cilantro leaves chopped, coarsely
- 3 tbs Cooking Oil
- Salt & Sugar to taste
Friends of 4 (Rempah 4 sekawan)
- 1 stick Cinnamon bark
- 1 pc Star anise
- 5 pc Cardamom
- 5 pc Cloves
- Heat oil n a pan. Throw in the "Friend of 4", saute for a few seconds till fragrance.
- Add in the onion with 1 tsp salt. Saute till wilted before adding the tomato.
- Stirring the tomato and onion occasionally for about 2 minutes. Next add in #IbuSegalaRempah together with the chicken stock and tomato paste.
- Stir in the chicken, ensuring that they are coated with the the gravy. If its too dry add a little water. Allow it to simmer for 5 minutes.
- Sprinkle in the coriander leaves, gives it a couple of stir and the dish is ready to be served.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!