Spicy Asam Chicken
- ½ Chicken cut into pieces
- 1 pkt #IbuSegalaRempah adjust accordingly
- 1 tsp Ground Black Pepper
- 3 pcs Candlenuts pounded
- 1 stalk Lemongrass bruised
- 1 stalk Ginger Torch quartered
- 1 pc Tomato quartered
- 1 tbs Tamarind paste
- Salt & Sugar to taste
- Laksa Leaves
- Lady Finger & Brinjal optional
- 1 tsp Toasted Shrimp Paste pounded (optional)
- In a large pan, add #IbuSegalaRempah, black pepper, candlenut, lemongrass and ginger torch. Turn on the stove. Stir & mix for 1 minute.
- Add in the chicken, continue stirring until chicken release its water.
- Add water to desired consistency. Stir in. tamarind paste and seasoned with salt and sugar to = taste.
- Stir in the tomato.
- Once chicken are cooked, before turning off the heat, throw in the laksa leaves.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!