8 Ramadhan 1439H –
Day 8 - Murtabak Cream Cracker
- 20 pc Spring Roll pastry
- 40 pc Cream Cracker
- 4 Eggs Neatened, egg bath
- 2 tbs Plain Flour Mixed with a little water into a paste
- 500 gm Choice of fillings Refer to Special Note
- Cooking oil for shallow frying
- Place a piece of popiah skin on a greased work top of plate. Dipped 2 pieces of Cream Cracker in the egg bath,
- Take 1 cracker and place on the popiah skin, spooned about 1 tbs (25 gm) of the fillings on the cracker.
- Take the other piece of cracker and place on top to form a cream cracker sandwich. Gently pressed down the cream cracker.
- Fold the popiah skin to form a parcel, used the slurry to seal the popiah parcel. Repeat the steps until all all done.
- Heat oil in a shallow pan and shallow fry the popiah parcels till they turn golden brown. Placed on kitchen towel to remove excess oil.
- Can be served with vegetable dhal and sambal anchovy
Click here for Chicken Kerutuk Fillings
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!