Sambal Goreng - Special Order
A special request to add beef (tetel) and petai to the Sambal Goreng.
- 250 gm Beef (tetel) Boiled with salt till tender and cut into small cubes
- 1 pc Tau Kwa cut into small cubes and fried
- 2 pc Tempe Cut into small cubes and fried
- 5 stalk Longbeans Cut horizontally about 2 cm
- 50 gm Petai (bitter nuts) Washed andpat dry
- 50 gm #IbuSegalaRempah
- 1 medium Red Onion sliced thinly
- 1 pc Red Chli Sliced diagonally & thinly
- 1 pc Green Chili Sliced diagonally & thinly
- 5 1 pc Chicken Stock cube
- 1/2 tsp Toasted Shrimp Paste
- 2 tbs Coconut milk
- 1/2 tsp Tamarind paste
- 1/2 cup Water
- 2 tbs Cooking Oil
- Salt & Sugar to taste
- Heat oil in a pan, add the onion and chilies. Saute till they are wilted.
- Add 1 tsp salt and the chicken cube, Mix well.
- Add in the meat and stir them well, add some water if it is too dry,
- Next add in the longbeans. cook till the beans soften a little. Add in the coconut milk. Add in the tamarind paste. Allow it to simmer till you notice the oil has separated.
- Stir in the fried au kwa and tempe,mix well. Taste and seasoned accordingly. Leave to continue cooking for about 2 minutes and the dish us ready to be served.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!