I cooked my Nasi Kuning using a Phlips Pressure Cooker (PPC) HD2139, alternatively you can use any electric rice cooker or on a stove.
Nasi Kuning (Turmeric Rice)
- 1 KG Basmati Rice Washed, soaked for 30 mins and drained
- 50 gm Onion paste
- 15 gm Ginger Paste
- 5 gm Garlic paste
- 1 Litre Water
- 1 cup Evaporated Milk
- 2 pcs Pandan leaves
- 2 tsp Turmeric powder
- 3 tsp Salt
- 2 tbs Margarine
- 3 tbs Cooking Oil
Dry Spice (4 sekawan)
- 1 pc Cinnamon stick
- 2 pcs Star anise
- 5 pcs Cardamom
- 5 pcs Cloves
- Turn on thge PPC, set to BAKE Vegetable mode. Pour in the Cooking Oil.
- Once oil is heated add the Dry spices and Pandan leaves. Saute for awhile till you smell the aroma.
- Next add in the Garlic paste and continue to saute till the garlic slight brown. Add in the Onion paste and the Ginger paste. Continue saute for 1 minute.
- Next add in the rice, water, milk, turmeric powder and salt. Stir and mix well.
- Next add in the Margarice. Close the lid, VENT to Seal. Set mode to STEAM with KPT7.
- Once the 7 minutes is up, switch off the PPC. Allow it to rest for 5 minutes before slowly releasing the pressure.
- Once all pressure has been released and the plunger drops, open the lid slowly. Using a pair of chopsticks or a spatula fluff up the cooked rice. Rice is ready to be served with choices of side dishes.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!