Rendang Limpa (Spleen)
- 500 gm Spleen - Limpa cleaned and boiled with salt till tender
- 3 tsp Salt
- 100 gm #IbuSegalaRempah
- 3 pc Red Chili Padi Chopped
- 200 ml Coconit Milk
- 1 pc Chicken Stock cube
- 1 tsp Coriander Fennel Mix
- 1 stalk Lemongrass bruised
- 200 ml Water
- 1 tsp Salt
- 4 Kaffir lime leave tear
- 1 Turmeric lef tear
Preparing the spleen
- Place the spleen into the inner pot, add 3 tsp salt. Pour in water, enough to cover the spleen.
- Cover the lid, VENT knob to SEAL. Set mode to Beef or Steam for KPT 30 minutes.
- After 30 minutes is up, allow it to Keep WARM for 15 minutes before manually releasing any excess pressure. Remove the spleen, set aside to cool then slice about half CM thick.
Cooking the Rendang
- Add the cooked spleen and all other ingredients into the inner pot. Close lid, VENT know to SEAL, set mode to STEAM and KPT 5 minutes. Press START.
- After 5 minutes is up, slowly release the pressure manually. Once pressure has been released, carefully open the lid.
- Set mode to BAKE Chicken or Saute. Simmer for about 10 minutes, stir occasionally. One sauce thickened, STOP the pressure cooker. The rendang is ready to be served.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!