This recipe is an adaption from my late Grandma, Nenek Salmiah’s recipe. As a kid I remembered the aroma and flavor of this fried chicken. This memory was rekindled when we when for Hari Raya visitation. To cut the story short, I asked my cousin for the recipe and she could only give me the agak2 version. I did some testing and believed my recipe comes close to third or fourth to what my Grandma used to make.
Ayam Goreng ala Nek Sal
- 1 whole Chicken cut into small pieces about 10 to 12 pieces
- 50 gm #IbuSegalaRempah
- 1 tbs Coriander Fennel Mix
- 1 tbs Ginger Paste
- 15 gm Sugar
- 15 gm Chicken Seasoning Powder
- 7 gm Salt
- 15 gm White Vinegar
- Oil for deep frting or Air Fried
- Combined all the ingredients and marinate for a least 1 hour or overnight in the fridge.
- Deep fried till cooked or Air Fried at 180C for 15 minutes.