This delish tangy chutney recipe I learnt from my late Mum. A simple side dish yet it completes a rice meal.
Pajeri Nenas (Pineapple Chutney)
- 2 whole Ripe Pineapple Removed core and cut into bite size pieces
- 1 large Red Onion blend
- 1 tbs Ginger Paste
- 1 tbs Garlic Paste
- 25 gm Curry Powder mix with a little water into a paste
- 1/2 cup Cooking Oil
- 1 cup Water
- Salt & Sugar to taste
Dry Spices (4 sekawan)
- 1 pc Cinnamon stick
- 1 pc Star anise
- 5 pcs Cardamom
- 5 pcs Cloves
- Heat up cooking oil in a pan. Add in the dry spices. Saute for 1 minute.
- Stir in the blended onion, ginger and garlic paste. Stir for about 2 minutes.
- Add in the curry paste and continue stirring.
- Add in the pineapple and water. Simmer till liquid is reduced.
- Taste and seasoned as desired. Once liquid has reduced further and thickens, turn off heat and allow it to cool. Served as an accompaniment to your favourite rice.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!