I had this dish when I was in Melaka recently, this may not be new but it was my first time eating it. Since I have some mutton in the freezer, I thought why not trying to cook it both using the pressure cooker and my base #IbuSegalaRempah.
Asam Pedas Kambing (Mutton)
- Philips HD2139 Pressure Cooker
- 1 KG Mutton (any cut) Cut into small chunks
- 200 gm #IbuSegalaRempah
- 2 medium sized Potatoes quartered
- 1 tsp Crushed Black Pepper
- 1 pc Chicken Stock cube optional
- 25 gm Gula Melaka
- 1 tbs Tamarind paste
- 1 tbs Pounded Candlenut
- 10 gm Pounded Toasted Shrimp Paste (Belacan)
- 1 bunch Laksa leaves
- Salt to taste
Preparing the Mutton
- 3 tsp Salt
- 1 thumb size Ginger bruised
- 1 stalk Lemongrass bruised
Preparing the mutton
- Add the chunks of mutton, ginger & salt in the inner pot. Pour in water enough to cover the mutton. Place a sheet of scum remover.
- Close the lid, turn the VENT to SEAL. Set mode to Meat/Poultry with KPT30 minutes. Once 30 minutes is up,plugged out the power cable and slowly release the steam/pressure.
- Open the lid & discard the scum remover. Scoop out the mutton broth, leaving about 2 bowls of broth or to your desire.
- Add in the boiled mutton, potatoes, #IbuSegalaRempah, gula melaka, chicken stock cube, candlenut, belacan, pepper & 2 bowls of mutton stock.
- Close the lid. Turn VENT to SEAL. Set mode to STEAM with KPT5 minutes. Once the 5 minutes is up, plugged out the power cable and slowly release the steam/pressure.
- With residual heat stir in the Laksa leaves, tamarind paste and seasoned to taste. The dish is ready to be served.