This recipe idea came from an ex-colleague. I believed this “Chicken Curry” dish is originated from Padang Indonesia. When I received her WhatsApp message I quickly Google for more information. There are variants and indeed our #IbuSegalaRempah can be the base ingredient for this dish. I tried cooking it once and the feedback is positive, hence I am sharing the recipe here. For this recipe I will be cooking with my Philips Pressure Cooker HD2139 (PPC2139)
Ayam Kalio ISR
- Half Chicken cut into 8 pieces, seasoned with a little salt
- 100 gm #IbuSegalaRempah
- 200 ml Coconut milk (I used Ayam Btand Reduced Fat)
- 1 pc Chicken Stock cube (I used Knorr Chicken Cube NO MSG)
- 1 pc Tamarind peel
- 3 Kaffir Lime leaves
- 3 Salam leaves (can use Bay or Turmeric leaves)
- 2 tbs Cooking Oil
- Turn on the PPC2139 and set to any mode, I set to Bake Chicken mode,. Add the cooking oil.
- Once oil has heated up, add the chicken pieces and cook for about 1 or 2 minutes on each side. This step is optional.
- Next add in all the other ingredients and stir well.
- Cover the PPC2139, turn vent know to SEAL and set mode to STEAM with KPT 7 minutes.
- Once the 7 minutes is up, let in the WARM mode for 5 minutes before releasing the pressure manually.
- Depending on your preference, set to other BAKE mode to simmer for 5 minutes. Switch off the cooker and the dish is ready to be served.
- If you are using other brand of Coconut Milkwhich is very thick, use about 50 gm and dilute with 100 ml water.
- For conventional stove top cooking, as it may require longer cooking time use an additional bowl of water.