This recipe is inspired from a social media post. According to the post, this is a Thai dish which I honestly haven’t seen or tried. The original recipe requires a handful of ingredients, here I have simplified it using our #IbuSegalaRempah as the base ingredient.
Prawn (Udang) Khamped
- 500 gm Prawn, deveined Head, tail & skin on
- 100 gm #IbuSegalaRempah
- 1 tbs Oyster sauce
- 1 tbs Chili Sauce
- 1 tbs Fish Sauce
- 3 pcs Red Chili Padi optional, chopped
- 2 pcs Small Lime juiced
- 1 tsp Turmeric powder
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 4 pcs Kaffir Lime leaves Chiffonade or cut into thin slices
- Oil for Frying
- A little water
- Salt & Sugar to taste
- Marinate prawns with salt and turmeric powder for 5 minutes. Heat oil in a pan and fry the prawns briefly till they change colour. Set aside. Pour away the oil.
- In the pan combine all ingredients, at a little water. Turn on the heat. Once boiled, toss in the fried prawn and stir.
- Seasoned to taste. Stir in the kaffir lime leaves. Continue cooking until dry. Turn off heat, stir lime juice. The dish is ready to be served.