This is my first time cooking glutinous rice and instead of the conventional way of steaming on stove top, I am using the pressure cooking method. A time saver.
Yellow Glutinous Rice - Pulut Kuning
- 1 KG Glutinous Rice Washed and drained
- 1 Litre Water
- 200 ml Coconut milk
- 1 tsp Turmeric powder
- 1 tsp Salt
- 2 Daun Pandan - Screwpine leaves
- Combine all ingredients except Coconut Milk and Salt into the pressure cooker inner pot. Stir & mix well.
- Close the lid, VENT at SEAL and set STEAM mode KPT (Keep Pressure Time) to 7 Minutes and START.
- While the rice is cooking, mix and dissolve the salt with the coconut milk
- Once 7 minutes is up, switch OFF the PC immediately to prevent the base from burning. Manual release the pressure.
- Open the lid and stir in the coconut milk mixture. Thoroughly mix to ensure even coating.
- Close the lid again and KEEP WARM for 5 minutes.
- Once the 5 minutes is up, open the lid stir a while and transfer the cooked rice into a large. Leave to cool. The Yellow Glutinous Rice ready to be served with your favour curry, rendang. etc
Pulut Kuning served with Beef Rendang
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!