Sambal Goreng Sehati Sejiwa (Spicy Liver & Gizzard)
- 250 gm Gizzard Boiled till tender with salted pot of water
- 250 gm Chicken liver washed and drained
- 100 gm #IbuSegalaRempah
- 2 large Red Onion Sliced thinly
- 10 pc Dried Red Chili finely cut
- 1/2 cup Fried Shallots
- 1 pc Chicken Stock cube
- 1 tsp Tamarind paste
- /2 tsp Toasted Shrimp Paste
- 1/2 cup Water
- Salt & Sugar to taste
- 1/2 cup Cooking Oil
- Heat the oil in a wok. Fry the chilies till crisp but not burnt. Remove and set aside.
- Add the onion and fry them until wilted.
- Add gizzard, chicken stock, #IbuSegalaRempah, shrimp paste, tamarind paste and stir well.
- Then add coconut milk, water and let it simmer for a while.
- Next, add the chicken livers and stir slowly. Allow the chicken liver to cook for 5 minutes. Add a little water if necessary and add salt and sugar to taste.
- When the sauce is almost dry, sprinkle dried chili and fried shallots. Mix well, and it's ready to be served.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!