5 Ramadhan 1439H – Mee Soto is one of the must have dishes that Late Mum will prepare every time during the fasting month of Ramadhan This Soto recipes uses the brand of Soto spice mix which is a favorite of Late Mum, however it can be easily substituted with any spice mix available in the market.
Day 5 - Mihun Soto
- 4 tbsp Onion paste
- 1 tbs Ginger Paste
- 1 tbs Chopped Garlic
- 8 pc Chicken Wing Seasoned with a little salt
- 2 tbs Kak Zah Soto Spice Mix
- 2 tbs Babas Soup Spice Mix`
- 1 pc Chicken Stock cube
- 6 bowls Water add more if necessary
- 4 tbs Cooking Oil
- 1 pc Cinnamon stick
- 1 pc Star anise
- 5 pc Cardamom
- Heat oil in a large pot. Add in the whole spices. Tamper till fragrant.
- Add in chopped garlic, saute till golden brown.
- Add the onion and ginger paste. Stir.
- Add the Soto and Soup spice mix together with a little water. Mix well. Pour in the rest of the water.
- Add the Chicken and Chicken stock cube. Allow it to boil then turn down the heat.
- Let it simmer for abut 15 minutes or till the Chicken is cook. Seasoned with additional salt or add more water if necessary. Served soup hot with choice of yellow egg noodle, bee hoon or lontong (rice cake).