2 Ramadhan 1439H. One of the many flexible dishes that one can varied by the choice of ingredients and aromatics. For this Mee Goreng recipe which uses our #ObuSegalaRempah is flavoured with prawn and squid. To make it Thai styled I used fish sauce as one of the seasoning and kaffir lime leaves for the aromna,
Day 2 - Mee Goreng ala Thai
- 2 kg Yellow noodle
- 4 stems Chye Sim
- 200 gm Beansprouts
- 200 gm #IbuSegalaRempah
- 200 gm Sliced squid
- 3 pc Fish cake Sliced
- 500 gm Shrimp Skin off, tail on and seasoned with a little salt
- 1 large Onion sliced
- 1 tbs Chopped Garlic
- 4 pc Tomatoes Sliced
- 1 pc Anchovy stock cube
- 4 tbs Fish Sauce
- 8 pcs Kaffir Lime leaves
- 5 tbs Cooking Oil
- Salt & Sugar to taste
- Heat oil in a large wok. Fry the shrimp in small batches and set aside. Next fry the squid and set aside.
- With remaining oil in the wok, add in the chopped garlic. Sauteed till fragrant then add in the sliced onion. Continue to saute until onion softens.
- Add in the sliced fish cake and stir. Next add in the chye sim, tomatoes, #IbuSegalaRempah and Anchovy cube.
- Tear the kaffir lime leaves and add in to the wok.
- In a large basin give the yellow noodle a quick wash and add to the wok. Season with fish sauce and mix well. Add Salt and Sugar to taste.
- Stir in the rest of the seafood.
- Add the beansprouts. Give a couple of stir and turn off the heat. The Mee Goreng is ready to be served.