This is filling recipe is suitable for pastry puffs, epok-epok, kariap or even sandwiches. Although this recipe uses a “kerutuk” spice mix, this can be easily replaced with meat curry powder, briyani spice mix or rendang spice mix.
Chicken Kerutuk Fillings (Inti)
- 1 whole Boneless Chicken Leg Chopped into small pieces, seasoned with 1 tsp Chicken stock powder
- 500 gm Peeled potatoes diced
- 50 gm #IbuSegalaRempah
- 30 gm Kerutuk spice mix*
- 50 ml Coconut milk
- 1 tsp Chicken stock powder
- 2 pc Red Chili Padi
- 1 bowl Water or more
- Some chopped Coriander leaves
- Combine all ingredients except for the coriander leaves in the pressure cooker. Set mode mode to STEAM KPT7 and the vent knob at SEAL. Alternatively you can use a large sauce pan and simmer till reduced.
- After the 7 minutes is up, release the pressure manually. Set mode to BAKE CHICKEN and allow it to continue to simmer for about 10 minutes or until all the excess liquid has evaporated. Remember to stir occasionally to prevent the bottom from getting burnt.
- Finally stir in the coriander leaves.
- Let it cool before used as fillings.