Bakso Tahu Telor. This is my own personal take on this snack with inspiration taken from watching Youtube videos of Jakarta Street food and also from other sources.
- 40 pc Mini Taupok Slit the taupok to form a pocket
For the filling
- 3 medium Peeled potatoes peeled, sliced ,fry till cook and mashed
- 2 pc Taukwa (40gm/pc) mashed
- 200 gm minced meat add salt & pepper and fry in non stick pan
- 1/2 pc Carrot chopped
- 1 bunch Chinese Parsley Chopped
- 1/2 cup Fried Shallots
- 1 pc Egg
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- Cooking Oil for frying
- 6 pcs Egg
- 4 tbs #TAGPakUsu (Season Flour Mixed)
- In a large bowl combine all the ingredients for the filling and mixed thoroughly
- Scoop about 1 teaspoon of the fillings into the taupok pockets. Continue doing this step until all the taupok have been filled.
- Heat oil for frying. Dung the filled taupok into the egg batter then gently place it in the hot oil. Fry till they turn golden brown.
- Removed and placed the fried Batalor on kitchen towel to absorb excess oil. The Batalor is ready to be served with preferred dipping sauce.
Served with Shrimp Paste Dipping Sauce
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!