Wadeh Geragau (Baby Shrimp Vadai)
- 200 gm Urud Dhal Soaked for 6 hours & blend into a fine paste
- 2 pkt (500 gm) #TAGPakUsu (Season Flour Mixed)
- 250 gm Fresh Baby Shrimp (Geragau) washed & drained
- 1 sachet (11 gm) Instant Yeast
- 1 stalk Curry leaves cut into fine strips
- 5 pcs Green Chili chopped
- 1 tsp Black Pepper Powder
- 1 cup Water
- Salt to taste
- Oil for Deep frying
- In a large mixing bowl., combined all the ingredients. Mixed well. Cover & set aside in warm place for 2 hours for the yeast to activate and batter doubled in size.
- Heat oil in frying pan, scoop several tablespoon of the batter into the hot oil. fry on both sides till they are golden brown. Transfer the cooked vadai onto a kitchen towel to absorb excess oil. Good on its own or eaten with fresh green chilies.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!