Nasi Serai (Lemongrass Rice)
- Philips Pressure Cooker (PPCHD2137)
- 1 KG Basmathi Rice soaked for 30 minutes & drained
- 6 stalks Lemongrass bruised
- 1 pc Onion sliced
- 2 cm Ginger sliced
- 4 cloves Garlic sliced
- 1 portion Dry Spices (4 Sekawan)
- 200 ml Evaporated Milk
- 1000 ml Water
- 1 pc Chicken Stock Cube
- 2 tsp Salt
- 2 tbs Cooking Oil/Olive Oil/Ghee
- Set PPCHD2137 to SAUTE Mode and heat up Oil/Ghee.
- Add in the sliced onion and saute till wilted.
- Add in sliced garlic, ginger, lemongrass and dry spices continue stirring.
- Add in stock cube and salt.
- Add in milk and water. Taste and add seasoning as desired.
- Add rice. Mix well. Close lid. Set VENT to SEAL. Set Mode to SREAM and set Presume Time to 7 minutes.
- Once 7 minutes is up. Switch off the PPC, allow to rest for 5 minutes before releasing any residual steam/pressure. Open lid and fluff up the cooked rice. Rice is ready to be served with choice of dishes.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!