I discovered this from one of my cook books, after examining the recipes and refer to the internet for similar recipe, I realised it resembles the Mee Rebus that I’ve eaten and cooked all this while. I am so happy that I can add this to the list of dishes that can be cooked using #IbuSegalaRempah as its base ingredient. The original recipe call for about half kilo of beef but I only have beef ribs leftover from last CNY meal, I used that instead.
Mi Rebus or Mi Jawa
- 500 gm Beef Boiled till tender, keep the beef stock.
- 100 gm #IbuSegalaRempah
- 3 tbs Meat Curry Powder Mix with water into a paste
- 15 gm Dried Baby shrimp (Geragau) Soaked for 10 minutes, drained and blend with a little water into a paste
- 500 gm Sweet Potato Boiled till tender and mashed
- 2 pcs Chicken or Beef stock cube
- Beef stock
- Water as needed
- Salt & Sugar to taste
- Yellow Egg Noodle Blanched
- Beansprouts Blanched
- Hard boiled egg
- Tau Kwa Fried and sliced
- Chinese Celery Chopped and as garnish
- Spring Onion Chopped and as garnish
- Red & Green Chilies Sliced and as garnish
- Small Lime
- Fried Shallots ``
- Boiled Beef Sliced
- Combined all ingredients, except boiled beef and seasonings into a large sauce pan. Put it to a boil and simmer for 15 minutes. Seasoned to taste and add water to the preferred consistency.