Rawon (Beef Stew with Black Nut)
A traditional Javanese dish. Its usually eaten as a set meal with the accompaniment of fried beef lunch, potato cutlet, fried tau kwa/tempe & sambal.
- 100 gm Beef Boiled till tender, keep the beef stock.
- 50 gm #IbuSegalaRempah
- 3 pcs Black Nut (Buah Keluak) Flesh To be blended with a little water
- 2 tsp Coriander Fennel Mix *refer to How to Prepare Coriander Fennel Mix
- 2 stalk Longbeans Cut lengthwise & horizontally
- 1 pc Chicken Stock cube
- 2 pcs Bay leaves
- 2 pc Kaffir Lime leaves
- 1 pc Tamarind peel
- 1 bowl Water or Beef stock
- Salt & Sugar to taste (Seasoning)
- Combined all the ingredients in a soup pot and put it to a boil.
- Then allow it to simmer for 30 minutes and season to taste.pa
While the stew is simmering, you may continue ro prepare the other side dishes as an accompaniment to your Nasi Rawon meal.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!