A condiment usually added on to Lontong, Nasi Sambal Goreng , Nasi Ambeng etc, without which that meal is incomplete. A simple condiment yet its rather complex with over 10 ingredients to make it and you will only need 1 tablespoon to make that Nasi Ambeng a Nasi Ambeng. The following is my recipe for Serunding Kelapa or Coconut Floss that’s cooked based on #IbuSegalaRempah.
Serunding - Coconut Floss
- 200 gm White grated coconut
- 50 gm #IbuSegalaRempah
- 1 tsp Coriander Fennel Mix
- 25 gm Dark Brown Sugar Gula Merah
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1/2 tsp Tamarind paste
- 1 pc Turmeric leave tear into pieces
- 2 pcs Kaffir lime leave removed stem and tear into pieces
- Combine and mix all the ingredients into a wok.
- Turn on the heat. Set to low fire.
- Start tossing the mixture, ensure that they are mixed evenly.
- Continue tossing on and off, stop to taste. It should not be wet nor dry but moist. Turn off the heat and quickly transfer the Coconut floss into a serving bowl.