It was only on my 3rd Japanese trip recently that I got a chance to eat Halal Karage together with Japanese Vege Curry. After eating Japanese Curry Rice 3 times from #CocoIchi #MyHalalCurry, I made it my mission to find out how to cook them on the Internet. I also bought Japanese Curry Powder (S&B) specifically for this project.
Karage ala TAGPakUsu
Ingredients A (Preparing the Chicken)
- 500 gm Boneless Chicken Thigh or Breast or Fillet cur into bite size
- 1 tbs Light Soya Sauce
- 1 tsp Chicken Seasoning Powder
- ½ tbs Ginger Powder
- 2 tsp Garlic Powder
Ingredients B (Coating Flour)
- 1 pkt #TAGPakUsu (Season Flour Mixed)
- 1 tsp White Pepper Powder
- ½ tsp Chicken Seasoning Powder
- Cooking oil for Shallow or Deep Frying
- In a large mixing bowl combined all Ingredients . Marinate the chicken for at least 1 hour or overnight in the fridge,
- In another bowl opr bag, combine Ingredients B and mixed thoroughly.
- Heat oil to 170C. Lightly coat the chicken pieces with the flour mix. Fry till they ar golden brown. Karage can be eaten as a snack or with Japanese Curry.