Japanese Vegetable Curry
- Philips HD2139 Pressure Cooker
- 50 gm Unsalted Butter
- 50 gm Plain Flour
- 50 gm Curry Powder
For the Curry
- 1 large Yellow Onion sliced
- 1 tbs Ginger paste
- 1 nos Fuji Apple pee off skin and pureed
- 150 gm Tomato pureed
- 50 gm Tomato Sauce/Ketchup
- 1 pc Chicken Stock cube`
- 1 tbs Chili flakes optional
- 1 pc Carrot peeled and cut into chunks
- 2 nos Potato peeled and cut into chunks
- 200 gm Frozen Mixed Vegetable
- 2 pc Long Beans cut lengthwise and blanched
- 3 tbs Cooking Oil
- 500 ml Water
- Salt & Sugar to taste
- Melt butter in a heated saucepan. Stir in the flour. Stir continuously to prevent mixture from burning.
- After 2 minutes, stir in the curry powder. Stir and mix well.. Continue stirring for 2 minutes. Turn off heat and transfer Curry Roux into a bowl to cool.
Cooking with Pressure Cooker
- Set mode to BAKE VEGETABLE with KPT 15 mins and press START, Add cooking oil
- Saute onion till changes color. Add the ginger paste.
- Add in water, apple puree, tomato puree, tomato sauce, chicken stock cube, frozen vegetables, potatoes and carrots. Close lid and tyrn VENT to SEAL.
- Set mode to CONGEE with KPT 2 minutes then press START.
- After 2 minutes are up, slowly release steam and pressure. Open lid and stir in half amount of rouz. Taste and adjust seasoning.
- For added spicy level add the required amount of chili flakes and lastly add in the blanched long beans,
- Add boiling water if curry is too thick. Served on a bed of Japanes Short Grain Rice.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!
I was inspired to try cooking this dish from scratch, although I did buy the curry powder ( S&B) from my recent Japan trip.