Mutton Bonesteak (Sup Tulang Merah)
- Philips Pressure Cooker (PPCHD2137)
- 2 KG Mutton
- 2 cm Ginger
- 4 cloves Garlic
- 2 pcs Bay Leaves
- 1 nos Cinnamon Stick
- 2 pcs Star Anise
- 4 pcs Cloves
- 4 pcs Cardamom
- 1 tbs Salt
- 200 gm #IbuSegalaRempah
- 50 gm Bistik Spice Mixed or Meat Curry Powder
- 500 gm Onion chopped
- 1 KG Tomato chopped
- 3 tbs Chili Paste optional
- 1 bowl Mutton stock
- ¼ cup Cooking Oil
- 3 tbs Tomato Sauce
- 3 tbs Chili Sauce
- 3 tbs Sweet Soya Sauce
- 140 gm Tomato Puree
Preparing the Mutton
- Combine all Ingredients A in the pressure cooker. Pour in water enough to cover the meat. Cover lid, set VENT to SEAL. Set MODE to MEAT (KPT 30 minutes), Once 30 minutes is up, slowly release steam & pressure. Open lid and remove scum. Transfer meat into a bowl and save about 1 bowl of the stock.
Cooking the Bonesteak sauce
- Set the pressure cooker to Saute or BAKE mode. Add cooking oil.
- Once heated up, add chopped onion and saute till they are soft. Add in Chili paste, if using.Mix well and continue stirring for about 2 minutes.
- Add the spice mix and stir.
- Add chopped tomato, tomato puree and the rest of the seasonings. Add 1 cup of mutton stock.
- Cover the lid, set VENT to SEAL. Set Mode to STEAM and Pressure Time for 5 minutes. Press Start.
- Once time is up, leave to WARM for 10 minutes before slowly releasing the steam/pressure.
Preparing the bonesteak
- In a separate wok add 1 portion of the sauce and add 1 bowl of mutton stock. Put them to a boil.
- Add in mutton pieces or bone. Continue to cook until sauce reduced to desires consistency.
- Add Green peas, julliened cabbage before serving.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!