Asam Pedas Sardine
A tangy and spicy dish, best eaten with steaming white rice. Add a few dashes Kicap Lemak Manis for the extra ummph.
- 1 can (425 g) Sardine or Mackerel draine and rinsed the fish
- 50 gm #IbuSegalaRempah
- 1 large Red Onion sliced
- 1 pcs Tomato quartered
- 1 tsp Tamarind paste I used AABI Extra
- 5 gm Toasted Shrimp Paste Belacan Bakar
- 1/2 tsp Crshed Black Pepper
- 1 cup Water
- 1 stalk Lemongrass crushed
- 3 Kaffir Lime leaves tear
- 2 tbsp Vegetable Oil for sauteing
- Salt & Sugar to taste
- Heat oil in a pan and saute lemongrass and onion until the onions are wilted.
- Then add #IbuSegalaRempah, shrimp paste, tamarind paste, water, lime and stir.
- Next add the sardine, stirgently, let it simmer for about 5 minutes.
- Taste the gravy, season with salt and sugar.
- Finally add the tomatoes, black pepper and turn off the heat. The dish is ready to be served.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!